Warranty (United States)
Ricoh Innovations will repair or replace your Theta within 1 year from the data of purchase should your Theta breakdown under normal use. Ricoh Innovations Inc. will only replace Theta's that are purchased directly from Ricoh Innovations as part of the RICOH Tours solution.
See below for exclusions on what will not be repaired or replaced.
The following situations are not covered by this warranty even if they occur during the above period.
- Malfunctions caused by misuse (e.g. operating other than as specified in the user guide)
- Malfunctions caused by repair, modification, or disassembly by a party other than a repair service provider designated by us
- Malfunctions caused by phenomena such as fire, natural disasters, geological events, lightning, or abnormal voltage
- Malfunctions that do not occur naturally, such as those caused by flooding, salt, dousing with liquids (e.g. rainwater, juice, alcoholic drinks), dropping, impact, entry of sand or dirt inside the camera, and pressure
- Malfunctions occurring from causes such as improper storage (as stated in the user guide), occurrence of mold, or improper care
- If your Theta was purchased at another retailer other than Ricoh Innovations, Inc.
- Ricoh Innovations, Inc. accepts no responsibility for any loss caused in relation to use of the camera, including loss of data, loss of opportunities, loss of profits, recovery expenses, payments to third parties, or other incidental, indirect or secondary loss, regardless of whether the malfunction occurs during the free repair period.
- This warranty covers the Theta unit or Monopod only. It does not cover the associated RICOH Tours Service.
- Any data that is stored in the internal memory. If possible be sure to backup any data prior to returning your camera for repair/replacement
- This warranty service is valid only in the United States. If repair becomes necessary while overseas, have the product repaired/replaced after returning to the United States.
- When requesting repairs, please be certain to back up all data currently in your camera in advance. In the repair service process, at our company’s discretion, we may decide to replace the customer’s camera with a new camera or the equivalent.
- Contact the RICOH Tours help desk to obtain an RMA #. You can email us at email@example.com or by completing the contact form found here. The help desk will contact you regarding the return process as well as provide you with a pre-paid return label for shipping your Theta back to us.